Friday 27 March 2009

COMING SOON.............................

I have just discovered that a lot of my old records have suffered water damage; the covers are ruined and some of the vinyl has been marked by water. I am hoping to post a collection of soulful compilations over the next few weeks but that will depend on how damaged the records are.

In the meantime your comments of encouragement would be appreciated. It is very time consuming keeping this blog running and I would appreciate it if some of you would leave comments and messages - I have lots of visitors to this blog but very little communication. So come on folks...............

6 comments:

Garfield said...

Sorry about the damage to your music collection...OUCH!! Hopefully the records are still playable. I know it can take years and money to build a collection and I am very thankful for you taking the time to share these gems. Keep up the good work!

Soulful said...

Thanks Garfield. I have just finished putting a few albums onto my pc and they are crackling in places but at least they are not irretrievably damaged.

Anonymous said...

Hi, really sorry to hear about the damage to yr collection, Similar thing happened to me a few years back.
Try soaking vinyl individually in luke warm soapy water for a few mins each side then allow to dry in a plate rack. DO NOT dry with anything. Wait til completely dry and then use a lint cloth.
All the best mate. Thanks for all your hard work.
If you have a wanted list please email me, i will see if i have items u need.

All the best
Jack
UK

Soulful said...

Thanks Jack. I will try your cleaning suggestion and see if it helps.

Thanks for the offer with a wants list.

Soulfully...........

AMM said...

hi sue,
sorry to hear about your record damage.
many thanks for all your time & efort into a superb blog!
it really is appreciated girl!

Soulful said...

Thanks Alex for your kind words. Glad you are enjoying the music I've been posting.

Soulfully................