Friday 24 October 2008

NOW FOR SOME AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION

I would be interested to know what were the first record(s) you bought and when. Leave a message in the comments section, I think it could make interesting reading.

You don't want to know the first record I bought - it was in the days before I discovered wonderful soul music. But I can tell you that the first 12" single I bought was "Hollywood" by Chaka Khan & Rufus, prior to that I had bought 7" singles - remember those??? Now of course I have music on both vinyl and CD and (as I try to keep up with the modern technology) downloads.

6 comments:

Trag said...

The first record I ever bought was "Lady Marmalade" by LaBelle. I was 10!

Anonymous said...

Teddy Pendergrass album, Teddy

jahcisco said...

The first record I ever bought was Ben E King - It Just A'int Fair.

Anonymous said...

My 1st was Evlyn King 'Back to Love' 7"...i had no idea who she was or what type of music this was classified as but i knew I'd found my groove ;-)

bullhill

MontaigNeden said...

Pet shop boys - introspective in 1987 or 1989 I still listen it.

Andre said...

I was extremely lucky I inherited a boxful of jazz/funk/soul/reggae albums in 1970 when I was 10 from an uncle who found them on the bakerloo line underground, first one I picked out of the box & played was Kool & The Gang's 1st self-titled album....have been an avid manic collector of jazz/funk & soul ever since, first vinyl I bought though was David Bowie's Space Oddity album, have an eclectic taste in music too.
Must toff my hat to you for an absolutely great site, thanks for uping and reminding me of some great tunes that I'll have to hunt down out there!